ITOM Engineer Full Time
Our engineers provide remote support and proactive consultation services for the SolarWinds Product suite. ITOM NOC (Network Operations Center) provides essential monitoring and troubleshooting support for SolarWinds Infrastructure and services (PAAS, SAAS), as well as escalates problems to appropriate teams. As a part of the team, you will be responsible for resolving SolarWinds related system issues, within a short period of time in order to bring SolarWinds’s services to new heights.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Being responsible for SolarWinds infrastructure, performance, availability, incident, capacity, configuration, change-management processes, tools, vendors, and resources to support 24×7 uptime and availability of SLAs.
- Troubleshooting different vendors’ applications and website transactional performance using SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor and SAM.
- Following up proactively with internal or external parties to issue resolution progress
- Working in shifts (24×7) on roster basis.
- Performing analysis on SolarWinds’s related application functionalities and suggesting improvements.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients in order to improve application performance with regards to SolarWinds.
- Being responsible for assistance in software upgrades/updates/migration including OS, Tools, and application updates.
- Must have strong technical analytical skills and the ability to perform operational troubleshooting by transversing multilayered systems and determining root cause analysis.
- Ability to work in a collaborative technical and Development team environment on a fast-paced dynamic product.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and management levels to coordinate escalation and resolution of major service issues.
- Ability to provide regular status reports to the management and business partners on application status and other metrics regarding critical outages until resolution.
- Ability to support applications in line with business requirements, using Agile or Waterfall methodologies as needed.
- Ability to coordinate problem tracking and resolution across multiple disciplines of hardware, networking, application, and system software with teams in those disciplines.
- Ability to be available and be flexible to cover NOC days and on-call basis.
- Ability to report server, network, and systems performance metrics.
- Ability to coordinate with third-party hosting technical personnel.
- Ability to work closely with all technical service teams to implement strategies that will increase reliability, availability, and uptime for services.
- Must have advance knowledge in MS Windows Server, Linux, Virtualization, and cloud technology.
- Must have strong Working experience in WMI, SNMP, Syslog and similar management protocols.
- Must have hands on knowledge in Agent base, remote polling monitoring methods
- Must have experience in MS-SQL querying, Microsoft PowerShell Scripting.
- Being able to evaluate upgrades to monitoring software and implements updates as needed.
- Being able to create/modify alerts to notify responsible departments in the event of issues related to their systems creating custom views for client needs.
- Develop availability and reporting process for all systems and all applications hosted in SolarWinds.
- Must be a highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to interact with all levels/multinational peers professionally.
- Must have knowledge of ITIL, ITSM framework, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Administration of Ticketing/Monitoring tools (ConnectWise, SNOW etc.)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a recognised University.
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting SolarWinds NPM,SAM,SCM and NTA software in the cloud or on-prem.
- ITILv4 Foundation Certified.
- Willing to do SolarWinds Certifications such as SCP NPM, NCM, SAM etc.
- Knowledge of SQL administration and transact-SQL queries is a plus.
- Familiarity with Network concepts such as routers, switches, firewalls, LAN, WAN, and Routing protocols.
- The candidate must have in-depth, hands-on technical skills in Monitoring platforms such as SolarWinds and Microsoft Server, Azure, Office 365, VMware, Nutanix technologies.
- Previous experience with Network and System Monitoring.
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies; and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values which embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform this job.