ITOM Managed Services Engineer Level 1 Full Time
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Our engineers provide remote support and proactive consultative services for the SolarWinds Product suite. ITOM NOC (Network Operations Center) provides essential monitoring and troubleshooting support for SolarWinds Infrastructure and services (PAAS, SAAS), as well as escalates problems to appropriate teams. As part of the team, you will aim to resolve SolarWinds-related system issues within a short period of time to bring SolarWinds’s quality of services to new heights.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
ITOM ENGINEER LEVEL I
· Monitor, Manage and Maintain SolarWinds Orion and associated products daily both proactively (scheduled daily activities) and reactively (responding to requests for platform support).
· Level I management, monitoring, and support for SolarWinds network infrastructure, servers, and services.
· Monitor SolarWinds’s services and respond to graph/log anomalies, system alerts
· Identify issues according to Monitoring and experience, escalate identified issues for resolution when necessary
· Provide first-level troubleshooting and support on system issues
· Follow up proactively with internal or external parties for issue resolution progress
· Summarize and report on monitored systems for service improvement
· Work in shifts (24×7).
· Performing analyses on SolarWinds’s related application functionality and suggesting improvements.
· Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance with regards to SolarWinds.
· Responsible for assisting in software upgrades/updates/migration including OS, Tools and applications updates.
· Coordinate problem tracking and resolution across multiple disciplines of hardware, networking, application, and system software with teams in those disciplines.
· Available and flexible to cover NOC days and on-call basis.
· Monitoring alarms-analyze, repairs, dispatches.
· Reporting server, network, and systems performance metrics.
· Coordinate with third-party hosting technical personnel.
· Work closely with all technical service teams to implement strategies that will increase reliability, availability, and uptime for services.
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
· Less than 2 years of experience welcomed
Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
· Strong interpersonal skills and able to interact with all levels of employees professionally.
· Knowledge of ITIL, ITSM framework, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Administration of Ticketing/Monitoring tools (ConnectWise, SNOW, etc.)
· Experience in documenting processes, escalation management, trouble ticket initiation, and tracking and excellent problem data gathering skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree
· ITIL Foundation Certified.
· Willing to do SolarWinds Certifications such as SCP NPM, NCM, SAM etc.
· Knowledge of SQL administration and Transact-SQL queries is a plus.
· Familiarity with IIS Servers, Windows Servers, VMware, Nutanix, etc / Azure and AWS Cloud concepts.
· Previous experience in a technical training role is a plus.
· Familiarity with Network concepts such as IP address, routers, switches, Firewall, LAN, WAN.
· Familiarity with basic tools such as ping, DNS, nslookup and traceroute and Internet/web-based applications.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform this job.
Loop1 is a leading global IT Operations Management (ITOM) company specializing in the SolarWinds ITOM product offerings—we offer the most comprehensive training and professional services for SolarWinds clients across the globe.
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies, and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values that embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.