Managed Services Engineer II Full Time
Reporting directly to the EMEA Operations Manager, Managed Services, this role provides support to Loop1’s Managed Services Clients. Our engineers provide remote support and proactive consultative services for the SolarWinds Product suite. Our services include installation, configuration, optimization, and support. We offer competitive salary and paid annual leave. Other administrative duties may be assigned, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor, Manage and Maintain SolarWinds Orion and associated products daily both proactively (scheduled daily activities) and reactively (responding to requests for platform support).
- Contribute to the establishment of a shared (Loop1 and Client) understanding of the client SolarWinds environment Current state and Target State for their SolarWinds Services.
- Contribute to the ongoing auditing of client to ensure the implemented software meets the design requirements and is done in strict accordance to defined deployment standards, tools & design specifications
- Regularly consult the clients on their business requirements to progress the continued improvement of their SolarWinds tools
- Provide technical direction and leadership to the broader, global Loop1 service team, creating and maintaining the Target State Architecture for the client environments you will work on.
- A Level or equivalent education
- You must be a SolarWinds Certified Professional for the following: Network Performance Monitor, Network Traffic Analyzer, Network Configuration Manager, and Server & Application Monitor.
- 3 years hands-on server and network administration experience for medium to large business.
- Solid understanding of hosting enterprise applications on Windows Server OS.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
- Familiar with routing, switching and firewalls
- Understanding of SNMP, SNMP Traps and Syslog.
- Must have a reliable high-speed Internet connection.
- Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Relevant University Degree
- Familiar with Cisco IOS, CCNA is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL administration and transact-SQL queries is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server OS – how to manage roles and troubleshoot, MCSA is a plus.
- Previous experience in a technical training role is a plus.
- Experience with open APM & proprietary solutions viz Appdynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic, Elastic, Datadog, CAWily, BMCTruesight, Prometheus, Nagios etc is highly desired.
- Knowledge of complimentary platforms like ServiceNow, JIRA, Clarity, JENKINS, GITHUB & other DevOps Tools would be bonus.
- Ability to be on-call nights and weekends for remote support.
- Welcoming and professional demeanor. Can easily engage others.
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies; and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values which embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform this job.