Professional Services Engineer Full Time
Professional Services (PS) Engineer
Reporting directly to the regional Professional Services Operations Manager, the Professional Services (PS) Engineer provides hands-on consultation, technical services, and support to Loop1 clients based on their needs and what has been aligned in a project agenda. The PS Engineer will pair these services with a road mapping discussion and support those discussions with follow-on activities. Services include installation, default and custom configuration services, database support, best practices guidance anchored in the L1M3 principles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES (PS) ENGINEER DUTIES
- Provide consultation and training for clients
- Custom and Out-of-the-Box Installation and configuration services
- Database support and consultation
- Best practices guidance to Loop1 clients anchored in the L1M3 principles (L1M3 is a framework for Network Operations developed by Loop1)
- Project tracking
- Provide communication back to the organization by documentation completed during the client project
- Travel for this position varies but can require travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to be on-call nights and weekends for remote support as needed.
- Based in the Jersey City, NJ area and able to work in New York
- Experience managing and administrating SolarWinds products
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- An ability to connect and drive relationships
- 3 years hands-on server and network administration for medium to large business
- Solid understanding of Windows Server OS – How to manage roles and troubleshoot, MCSA is a plus
- Solid understanding of hosting enterprise applications on Windows Server OS
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Must have access to a major airport
- Must have access to a reliable high-speed internet connection
- Administration experience with SolarWinds network management products
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Familiar with Cisco IOS, CCNA is a plus
- Understanding of SNMP, SNMP traps and Syslog
- Knowledge of SQL administration and T-SQL queries is a plus
- Previous trainer experience is a plus
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies; and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values which embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform this job.