Project Manager Full Time
- Position Title: Project Manager
- Reports to (title): Project Services Manager
- Department: Professional Services
- Work Location: Colombo Office
- People accountability: N/A
- Financial ($) accountability: N/A
SCOPE OF POSITION
The purpose of the Project Manager position is to be responsible for developing and managing technology projects for clients by managing the scope, time & cost constraints. The primary duties include creating & maintaining a project plan that communicates & provides governance to project tasks, milestone dates, status, resource allocation & budgetary status.
- Provide project management & governance for client centric technology projects
- Act as the central client escalation / focal point during all aspects of the the project delivery Lifecyle
- Manage the expectations for all stakeholder communications within the project
- Ability to understand & document overall project deliverables & objectives to obtain client approvals
- Ability to identify & manage the roles & functions of each project team member, including technical resources required to deliver tasks within the project plan & develop resource schedules
- Manage, collaborate & communicate with client, internal, external vendor stakeholders to drive successful project outcomes in line with documented project deliverables
- Collaborate with pre-sales, technical consultants & Senior Systems Engineers to ensure project scope & deliverables are clearly defined during the initiation phase of the project lifecycle
- Manage the project change control process to capture changes & minimize scope creep
- Develop & maintain project documentation including project plans & budgets
- Ensure the project objectives & requirements are clear & agreed upon by all team members.
- Coordinate delivery and implementation of project tasks that align to approved project objectives
- Ensure project closure is completed successfully. i.e. invoice costs are paid & project sign off is obtained
- Manage all phases of the project (i.e Initiate / Plan / Execute / Monitor + Control / Closure) to ensure deliverables are completed as per time & with cost constraints.
- Govern problem management investigation & resolution as required.
- Ability to perform effective risk management to ensure risks are identified, managed, communicated & mitigated to ensure projects are delivered successfully
- Design & maintain technical & project related documentation. (i.e as built, statement of work)
- Assist Project Services Manager to drive technical delivery
- Provide regular project updates to ensure senior management is kept informed of current project status & progress
- Weekly completion of timesheets
KEY STAKEHOLDERS (i.e. key personnel/stakeholders that this role will operate alongside)
- Internal – Sales / Pre-Sales, Service Delivery / Managed Services, Connectivity Practice Managers / Senior Management
- External – Clients, Subcontractors, Third Party Vendors/Partners
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years of project management or similar experience within the IT sector.
- Project management qualification (PMI CAPM / PMP or PRINCE2 Foundation / Practitioner
- ITIL V3 Service Management Foundation qualification
- 5 to 10 years of Microsoft Office experience (Word / Excel / Outlook etc.)
- 3 to 5 years of customer service-related experience within the IT sector
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods & techniques. (PMI or PRINCE2)
- Strong organizational, presentation & customer service skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Understanding of general business principles
- High personal standards and conduct to exemplify company values
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational ability
- Good knowledge of products and services in the ICT industry and a strong desire to constantly learn more about the industry
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Excellent typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of project details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to be client-centric, focused on delivering the best possible client experience
- Improve client satisfaction by delivering successful projects within budget & time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team, to collaborate & communicate effectively.
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies; and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values which embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform this job.