Sales Engineer Full Time
Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GB
A Sales Engineer is responsible to be a customer-focused, highly technical sales resource who assists the sales team on a regular basis in properly guiding our clients and scoping projects for new and reoccurring business. The ideal SE possesses both strong technical and strong communication skills. This is a junior to mid-level position.
The role reports to the Global Director of Technical Solutions
- Understand the customer’s business and professional needs both technically and across personnel
- Identify and roadmap plans for developing a customer’s solution in alignment with their budget
- Maintain and extend personal knowledge related to evolving and newly emerging technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and how they apply to Observability and Monitoring
- Understand the product landscape our vendors cater to so that you can relate to a level of navigating conversations intelligently and accurately in client conversations
- Assist Sales Team with client pre-sales calls.
- Determine and produce the maturity roadmap and correct scope of services for projects as needed
- Provide product demonstrations for potential clients and internal staff
- Produce ideas, documentation, and designs for partner and vendor software deployments
- Respond to RFP/RFQ/RFI’s with technically accurate and grammatically proper answers
- Maintain knowledge of and self-train as needed for all partner and vendor products that Loop1 sells and/or provides services for
- Conduct and manage Proof of Concept (PoC) and/or Proof of Value (PoV) presentations of our partner and vendor products as needed in partnership with Loop1 Sales Account Management
- Maintain proper and complete data hygiene Loop1’s business management tools
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel up to 25% (when/where public health conditions allow due to COVID-19) to represent and/or participate in Loop1 and/or Loop1 vendor related business activities.
- Hands-on technical understanding of Monitoring and Observability products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of B2B experience in pre-sales, sales, or customer success
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Must possess strong reasoning and technical troubleshooting skills.
- A good mix of technical ability, sales and customer interaction skills are required.
- Server and Network architecture/implementation/configuration experience across full IT stack
- Familiarity with and about SolarWinds platform
- Familiarity on Observability and Monitoring topics
- Experience and interest: RESTful API, Python, PowerShell, NodeJS, SAML
- Previous client facing experience with SolarWinds Deployments
- Experience executing detailed product presentations to decision makers and users both onsite and online
- Experience completing RFIs/RFPs
- Some knowledge of B2B sales strategy (organizational structure, processes, compensation, etc.)
- Previous technical enablement or training experience.
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies; and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values that embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is a leading global IT Operations Management (ITOM) company specializing in the SolarWinds ITOM product offerings—we offer the most comprehensive training and professional services for SolarWinds clients across the globe.
Loop1 is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Loop1will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.