Service Coordinator Full Time
Position Title: Engineering Services Coordinator
Responsible to Americas Operations Manager
Supervises: Nil Reports
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 4:30 PM – 2:30 AM SriLanka Standard Time
Based at: Orion City, Colombo (WFH allowed)
Purpose of the Position:
The Engineering Services Coordinator is responsible for ensuring technology enables and enhances our client’s strategic objectives and coordinates and drives our global engineering team to achieve these objectives. This role is suited to a highly organized, competent professional that lives and breaths IT Service Management Metrics (aligned to the ITIL framework) and is goal/objective-driven.
The ICT Coordinator will be vital in coordinating the Loop1 engineering team to be available to our client base by scheduling engineers’ time aligned to client sought outcomes.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Triage, Schedule, and Dispatch Loop1 Engineers based on works requested by Loop1 Operations Management, Technical Account Management, and the client.
- Identify and implement new processes and Increase the billable utilization of Loop1 engineering staff.
- Promote operational efficiency by maintaining Internal and External Relationships with clients, vendors, and Loop1 staff.
- Maintain and Develop ICT Policy, Procedures, Reference Guides, and Materials (knowledgebase articles of process and procedures).
- Direct and manage all ICT-related work for internal Loop1 systems.
- Implement and refine all ICT related strategies. This will include direct accountability for managing ICT systems of record (NetSuite, ServiceNow) and the ownership/dissemination of data quality being entered into Loop1 ICT Systems.
- Provide direction and assistance to Loop1’s Management Team to introduce new processes, acquire new systems, and develop infrastructure.
- To promote the effective and efficient design and operation of all major organizational business processes.
- Coordinate the engineering team globally to ensure the effective functioning of all IT systems (internal and external, infrastructure and applications) alongside and via management of outsourced IT support and application partners.
- To manage the relationship with external IT support and application partners.
- To support and train staff to use information systems, equipment and software accurately and efficiently.
- To champion the proper use of ServiceNow, ensuring it is utilized by all staff and volunteers to improve communication and information sharing, and developing and maintaining bespoke applications to promote efficient working.
- Implement and manage a client coordination schedule aligned to stipulated KPI’s (15 minute response times to client requests for support, for example)
- Identify and Implement New ICT Systems, Processes, and Applications to Increase Loop1’s Operational Efficiency
- To ensure maximum efficiency and clarity are provided through the use of all existing and new ICT systems.
- To research and develop options to improve Loop1 ICT Systems
- Including identifying, prioritizing, and escalating specific and general needs, risks and opportunities.
- Serve as the prime conduit for organisationally-relevant ICT innovation, providing qualified recommendations and considered reviews on the strategic appropriateness of emerging technologies and trends to Loop1 Management Team.
- To develop clear implementation plans that test proposed systems and manage associated risks; manage implementation, including managing consultants and suppliers.
Maintain Internal and External Relationships
- Refer to relevant ICT contractor material where necessary or additional skills, expertise, and information is required by the engineering team (assist with vendor/subcontractor escalations)
- Conduct ICT-relevant staff orientation and ongoing training for ICT across Loop1.
- Train Technical Champions on providing first-level support and everyday user ICT-related problems.
- Provide technical assistance to operational programs and undertake the technical project as required.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers and contractors conducting dealings professionally and appropriately.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement across Loop1.
- Work following workplace health and safety (WHS) requirements at all times.
Maintain and Develop ICT Policy, Procedures, Reference Guides and Materials
- Develop and maintain Policies, Procedures, and How-to Guides for users across the ICT System(s).
- Document problem-solving procedures and workflow processes as appropriate.
Additional General Duties:
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively following Loop1 Policies and Procedures.
- To attend team and general staff meetings as directed by the manager responsible for this role.
- To work towards practical management standards across the organization via setting and regularly reviewing staff objectives and targets using structured performance review processes and 1:1’s. Reviews will aim to identify the strengths and weaknesses of team members and offer strategies for corrective action. All managers and team leaders are also expected to support staff to identify any organizational issues that need attention – strategic or operational and feed this into the Management Team as appropriate.
This role has a regional responsibility
- If required to participate in out-of-hours on-call work directed by the manager responsible for this role.
- To act at all times in the best interest of Loop1.
- To carry out other related duties as may from time to time be required to fulfill Loop1 mission.
- Tertiary Level qualifications and several years’ relevant experience with demonstrated proficiency and formalized training in IT Service Management (ITIL), Project Management (PRINCE2, SCRUM)
- Verifiable experience with coordination engineering schedules, triaging and dispatching resources aligned to resource available and contractual obligations/service level agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to work within an environment of evolving priorities and tasks while maintaining excellent attention to detail and resolve to seeing projects through to completion, particularly in the context of ensuring a mix of non-technical and technical stakeholder-base remains engaged with the ICT system that facilitates their professional responsibilities.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with demonstrated experience in supporting, coaching, and training staff – up to and including first level hardware and software support.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate emerging trends and technologies into non-technical operational environments and derive measurable benefits from non-technical users’ application of the technology.
How to apply
Applicants MUST follow these steps to be considered for the position.
- A current resume detailing your relevant skills and experience
- The names and phone numbers of two referees (at least one referee should be a recent supervisor, if possible).
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies; and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values which embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform this job.