Software Developer Full Time
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
This role is designed to grow Loop1’s DevOps capability and the role will evolve into a Platform Automation Engineer giving you the tools and practical experience of data, automation and telemetry solution. Our team produces engineered services and implements tooling solutions to monitor, inform and automate actions against IT managed environments and applications.
Candidates are expected to have broad working knowledge across multiple domains, though specialization is important. We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of experience working in a cross functional DevOps, with specific experience of: Software Engineering/Automation, Data Services (streaming, analytics, big data; AI/ML a plus), Monitoring Solutions, Linux Systems Engineering and Distributed Systems.
Your Qualification/Experience could include:
- Strong understanding or exposure to PowerShell, SQL, and Python
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent related field experience
- Expert knowledge of two or more of the following: Java, Python, Scala, Go, Ruby, Puppet, Chef, including Object Oriented programming
- Strong understanding of server less, microservice and event-driven architectures
- Experience with data streaming platforms and data analytics/processing engines.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) provisioning, and Configuration as Code (CaC) solutions
- Experience interpreting data to inform solutions design and developing complex cloud Automation solutions.
- Experience building cloud native solutions on one or more of Oracle OCI, Google GCP, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Aptitude to be a good team player and the desire to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience of performing a Technical Project Management role
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and associated Services
- Experience with Enterprise Monitoring Solutions (SolarWinds, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform and like technologies would be highly regarded.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Loop1 sold Software and Hardware products and services.
Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
Authority for end-to-end performance and operability.
Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and build integrations between disparate but known to Loop1, client technology stacks.
Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles.
Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Identifies solutions to understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 5+ years’ experience of running large scale customer facing web services.
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies; and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values which embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform this job.