Quick Launch Delivery Policies
- After confirming dates and engagement information with the Company Coordinator, an engagement calendar invite will be emailed to the customer email address. This email invitation is the “confirmation invitation”.
- Loop1 advises this invitation be forwarded to any and all parties who need to be allocated for the scheduled training.
- The assigned Loop1 engineer will send a GoToMeeting phone bridge 1-2 days prior to engagement via email.
- All engagements are encouraged to allocate a secondary individual who can be on standby for the entire duration of the scheduled engagement with Loop1. Cancellations/date changes must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours prior to the start of any engagement.
- Loop1 schedules engagements by allocating our engineers time weeks/months in advance. Therefore, a date change or cancellation will not be granted within the 48 hour starting window. Any engagement within this 48 hour time frame is encouraged to locate a resource internally to stand in for any persons whom are unable to attend.
- If notification is not given via email within 48 hours, it is at the discretion of Loop1 to consider the session completed and delivered in full or to grant the reschedule.
- If a cancellation or reschedule must take place one re-booking will be granted. If a second session is canceled or rescheduled the session will be considered complete and no other session will be scheduled.
- In the event of a cancellation or reschedule Loop1 must be notified within 48 hours of scheduled session.
- Four (4) hours must be scheduled in 1 session. Time may not be split into multiple sessions.
- No session shall be recorded, in any way, unless written approval is issued by a Loop1 representative.
- Sessions are booked in the CST time zone.
- Sessions will be performed in English.
- Session may be used for the following tasks:
- Planning & Design
- Configuration & Customization
- Module Specific Training (depth of the training is directly dependent on the number of modules they want covered in the session and the level of knowledge the user currently has.)
- Sessions Exclude the following: (If you would like help with any of the items listed below please let your engagement coordinator know and we will put you in touch with a Loop1 representative for additional assistance!)
- Custom SSRS, SQL or Chrystal Reports
- Custom SQL alerts & reports
- Custom Poller alerts & reports
- Development of custom script monitors
- Development of configuration change templates
- Building custom queries, alerts or reports
Assumptions & Dependencies
Assumptions and Dependencies for Installation and Deployment
- Appropriate hardware, database and/or VMs are available and a valid software key for SolarWinds Products have been purchased and is accessible.
- SolarWinds server has direct access to the internet and desktop access or Remote Desktop to the SolarWinds server is provided. If no direct internet access is available, an alternative method for transferring license activation files must be available.
- Nodes to be monitored must be SNMP enabled and valid SNMP Community Strings for those devices are available.
- A device list with management IP addresses is available.
- Hardware meets minimum system requirements.
- Loop1 Recommended specs available upon request.
Software Upgrades and Migrations
|Tasks||Assumptions and Dependencies|
|Product License Size Change||No outage will occur for License SIZE upgrades or changes.|
|Product Release/Version Change||With version upgrade there will be an outage period between the changes over. The amount of time varies, typically 15min|
|Server Migrations||With all migrations there will be an outage period between the changes over. The amount of time varies, typically 15min|
When Loop1 is Installing WHD
- DB Information (Recommend MySQL or SQL Server for all but very light applications–less that 5,000 tickets and 10 techs). If SQL DB is being used, the DB needs to be setup according to Chapter 1 of the WHD Admin Guide first, or have the SQL admin privileges in place to do so in the engagement.
- OS Information. The proper software must be downloaded and available on the WHD server and SolarWinds licensing must already obtained.
- Access to any networking individuals from the clients team on-site is needed to facilitate connection to a remote DB, if applicable.
When Loop1 is Configuring WHD
- WHD server DNS or IP and networking must be completed in advance, or have appropriate on-site networking personnel from the client team available to complete it at the beginning of the engagement.
- If setting up and/or enabling app to work with email:
- Have a DEDICATED email account setup and ready to use in WHD.
- You can create as many incoming and outgoing email accounts as you like, however, only one is required that can be used as incoming and outgoing.
- If setting up more than just the basics to get the app up and running:
- Have someone available that can make decisions on how the app needs to be laid out and organized. Including, but not limited by, the following: Locations, Departments, Ticket Request Types, Status Types, Custom Fields, Layout, Client Information, Tech Information, Approvals required.
- If using LDAP, have on-site and available a member of the clients team who has knowledge of the customer’s AD directory and setup.
- If using Asset Discovery, have on site and available a member of the clients team who has knowledge of the customer’s asset discovery tool setup or database setup.
- If doing any data import from a secondary source, such as a legacy system or Excel spreadsheets, have a member of the clients team on-site and available with access to that information.
Installing/Configuring Storage Manager
If Loop1 will be installing / configuring storage manager, the Loop1 Engineer will need access to the following:
- Admin access to your Storage Manager server.
- Admin access to any physical servers you want to install agents on.
- Read only + datastore browse privileges on any vcenters or stand-alone esx servers to be monitored.
- User, password and ip address for any storage arrays to monitor.
If Loop1 will only be training on Storage Manager, we will only need access to the Storage Manager web portal.