This 2 (half) days class takes an in-depth look at NCM Compliance.
Take a deep dive into SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM) to learn more about some of its advanced features and capabilities. This training covers topics such as Configuration Management (manual / automatic), Inventory Management, and DISA STIG compliance. DISA is the Defense Information Systems Agency with the DoD and they provide the technical guide for all US Defense organizations called Security Technical Implementation Guide.
Class Content Node Discovery, violation levels and compliance dasboarding
- Review Node Discovery
- Global device configuration management
- Script management
- Configuration templates
Configuration of rules, troubleshooting
- Understanding compliance configuration rules, polices and reports
- Standard rules with NCM
- Import/export rules and new rules
- Configuration of rules, policies, and reports to audit a Layer 2 Switch
- Techniques to defend an SAV or CCRI
- Fundamentals of troubleshooting NCM
VLANs, Ports and Inventory
- Mitigate VLAN based STIGs for a layer 2 switch
- Mitigate Switch Interface based STIGs for a layer 2 switch
- Inventory Management from an organizational and compliance perspective
Meet the Instructor
Lorenzo Brizeño has spent more than 29 years in the IT industry—10 of those with SolarWinds, in technical support initially, and then moving on to become a sales engineer. In 2019, he moved with his family to Cedar Park, TX, and joined Loop1 as a technical trainer, deciding to put to good use his talent for spreading knowledge.
Lorenzo’s background in teaching is varied, from instructing individuals in Salsa dance, to teaching IT professionals how to make practical use of software in their environment. He has a total of 12 years in instructional training and is continually searching for new ways to help impart that knowledge in an effective and enjoyable way. Lorenzo currently holds 5 SCP’s—plus he is actively working toward his sixth.
In his spare time, Lorenzo enjoys catching up on the latest football stats, traveling as often as he can, dancing with his wife, and watching his daughter grow and change daily.