Connect IT, Program IT, Query IT, Automate IT, Present IT
This two (half) days class is not theory and concepts. . . it is practical, hands-on coding that will get results today. Acquire the fundamental skills you need to build your own operational solutions with actual examples using the SolarWinds REST API, PowerShell, SWQL and SWQL Studio, and much more. Invest in your own skills and wring every bit of service out of those systems.
- Putting a username and password in your code isn’t the only option. Learn how to securely authenticate with SolarWinds and keep your credentials safe.
- Eliminate the gap between a new node being created in your CDMB and getting it added to SolarWinds.
- Maintenance windows shouldn’t be difficult and we’ll show you how to keep your alerting from affecting your uptime when they’re being patched.
- Regularly running discoveries is great, but initially creating them and then keeping them updated calls for automation.
- SolarWinds is very good at adding new elements for monitoring; in this section we’ll show you how to remove the things that got swept up in the mix that you definitely don’t need.
- Data coming from UnDP is great, but determining which devices return valid information and then assigning the poller to them takes precious cycles none of us can spare – we’ll show you how to automate that.
- SolarWinds is efficiently gathering some pretty great information; let us teach you how to get it back out. If you have a SQL background, we can build on that. If not, that’s okay too.
- Take control of your SolarWinds configuration, align your hostnames, keep your custom properties updated and balance your polling between your most and least important devices.
Meet the Instructor
Steven enjoys learning new programming languages, technologies, APIs, and just about anything else. His very favorite thing to do is breaking down a technical concept into easy-to-learn bits by spinning analogies. Steven likes to listen to music while he works, and that usually consists of whatever the Biebs has put out recently along with anything and everything written between ’84 and ’95.