Utilize network optimization software to pinpoint and remediate performance issues quickly, resulting in less downtime for your environment.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) is one of the most widely-used network monitoring tools in the entire Orion suite. This high-functioning, low-cost software will allow you to quickly identify, diagnose, and remediate network issues and outages. As both an authorized reseller and premier services partner, Loop1 can help you obtain your NPM license and deploy the tool, ensuring your investment in performing at its peak optimization for your environment.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
NPM at a Glance
- Speed troubleshooting, increase service levels, and reduce downtime with multi-vendor network monitoring
- New in Version 12.4: Measure the health of the logical network in addition to the physical network with Cisco® ACI support.
- Help ensure service availability with health and performance monitoring of critical data center switches with Network InsightTM for Cisco Nexus®
- Critical path hop-by-hop analysis for on-prem, hybrid, and cloud services
- Cross-stack network data correlation for acceleration of problem identification
- Improve operational efficiency with out-of-the-box dashboards, alerts, and reports
The Loop1 Mind is the Collective Intelligence of our Team, Clients, & Partners Every time someone joins the Loop1 team, we all get smarter
Why Should I Work with Loop1?
- We have the honor of calling over half of the Fortune 500 companies Loop1 clients
- Our company has provided 3,300+ successful SolarWinds engagements since 2009
- Loop1 has over 30 SolarWinds Certified Professionals (SCP) on staff
- Staffers have an average of 7 years of SolarWinds Product experience per engineer
Our clients get more than the average IT services client – We are the Loop. From start to finish, we have your back. First, one of our trusted advisors will guide you through the purchasing process. Then, our expert engineers will deploy your tool and help you optimize for your particular environment. Finally, our industry-leading instructors can train your team to utilize your SolarWinds investment to its fullest capacity. Speak with a Loop1 team member today to see what an NPM deployment can do for you!
Derik Pfeffer Enterprise Technology Specialist - Loop1
Derik has been a trusted member of the Loop1 team for more than 8 years. As a Certified SolarWinds Professional, he has had more than his fair share of experience with the NPM product. He took the time to share with us one the most impactful NPM engagements he has encountered over his career.
Spotty Support Coverage
Derik had a client that supported a medium to large sized network that only supported the network during their Business hours for 6am-6pm Monday to Friday. They were having issues with support after hours and weekends as they leveraged a 3rd party company to take on 1-2 level issue. The only time an issue should have been escalated to on-call personal was if a priority node was needed and they had completed all the necessary trouble shooting steps. Unfortunately, this process seemed to keep breaking down and they were getting escalation calls for non-priority items and issues not trouble shot correctly. After some discussions we were able to resolve this issue with the use of Custom Properties and adjusted alert scheduling. We created Custom Properties to tag nodes with the appropriate priority and the necessary steps to follow for troubleshooting the issue identified by the new alert structure. This reduced the amount of after hours calls and provided some structure moving forward on alert handling by the 3rd party company.
Register for Orion 201: Advanced Network Management & Monitoring Brought to you by Loop1
Loop1 offers a 4-day Advanced Orion Core 201 Training Class that covers NPM, NCM, NTA, IPAM, UDT, VNQM, and Custom SQL Alerts & Reports. This course is led by a SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP) and provides students with hands-on experience and a working knowledge of the products. Our engineers work side-by-side with you as they teach fundamentals and capabilities of the SolarWinds software products. This public training is offered in a comfortable classroom environment or online through our virtual classroom portal.
The Loop1 Systems SolarWinds Orion 201 training course instructs students on how to design and implement end-to-end application monitoring by leveraging SolarWinds products. This 4-day advanced course covers NPM, NCM, NTA, IPAM, UDT, VNQM, and Custom SQL Alerts & Reports, along with load balancing best practices, and advanced deployments for large organizations with multiple polling engines and the associated architecture.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The primary objective of this course is to help students evolve from basic up/down monitoring into a holistic end-to-end monitoring technique that allows organizations to pin-point the impact of performance issues or outages across complex application delivery environments. Each of the products in the 201 course brings specific data necessary to fully map application delivery and allow administrators to visualize and monitor failures with fully mapped relationships so the impact of any single failure can be fully understood immediately.
While our Orion 101 class is not a prerequisite, students will be more successful with a general understanding of the SolarWinds platform as this course will not cover installation and basic overviews. Students will also highly benefit from a basic understanding of the Transact-SQL and PowerShell languages, but neither is a requirement.
Day 1 Agenda
- Orion Architecture Best Practices
- Primary Polling Engine
- Additional Polling Engines and Web Engines
- SQL Server
- Discovery of Nodes in the Enterprise
- Out-of-the-Box Monitoring vs. Custom Pollers
- Creation of Universal Device Pollers
- Creation of Custom Device Studio Pollers
- NetPath Configuration
- Network Insight for F5 devices overview
Day 2 Agenda
- Installation and Initial Configuration of NCM
- Creating Customized Device Templates
- Creating Customized Configuration Change Templates
- Installation and Initial Configuration of NTA
- NetFlow Design Theories
- Configuration of NetFlow on common Cisco devices using both CLI and NCM
Day 3 Agenda
- Installation and Initial Configuration of IPAM
- Importing IPAM Data Best-Practices and Caveats
- Installation and Initial Configuration of VNQM
- Endpoint Monitoring Design Theories
- Creating IP SLA Operations on Cisco devices using the CLI, NCM, and VNQM***Note that Call Manager monitoring is not covered in this course (It is covered in Orion 101)***
- Creating Custom Resources in the SolarWinds Orion Website
- Common NOC View Designs for the Enterprise
Day 4 Agenda
- Introduction to the Transact-SQL language and basic queries
- Introduction to the Orion SQL Database schema
- Custom SQL Reporting using both the Web Report Engine and the Orion Report Writer application
- Custom SQL Alerts using the Web Alert Engine