Server & Application Monitor (SAM) by SolarWinds can aid you in your monitoring efforts. Unresponsive applications and lag times are not beneficial to anyone. SAM allows you to detect issues and troubleshoot sooner allowing you to focus on the things your company does best. As both an authorized reseller and premier services partner, Loop1 can help you obtain your SAM license and deploy the tool, ensuring your investment in performing at its peak optimization for your environment.
Take a Deep Dive Into Systems & Application Monitoring AppInsight templates help you achieve deep visibility to identify complex problems across a number of platforms
- Exchange: Monitor mailbox activity to identify and remediate issues
- ISS: Audit website availability and application pools, report on SSL certificate expiration, and utilize remote access to control application pools
- SQL Server: Keep track of connections, sessions, database transactions, disk I/O, storage, latches, locks, SQL agent job status, and more!
The Loop1 Mind is the Collective Intelligence of our Team, Clients, & Partners Every time someone joins the Loop1 team, we all get smarter.
Why Should I Work with Loop1?
- We have the honor of calling over half of the Fortune 500 companies Loop1 Clients
- Our company has provided 3,300+ successful SolarWinds engagements since 2009
- Loop1 has more than 30 Certified SolarWinds Professionals (SCPs) on Staff, including 4 THWACK MVPs
- Our engineers have an average of 7 years of SolarWinds product experience per engineer on staff
Derik Pfeffer Enterprise Technology Specialist - Loop1
Derik has been a trusted member of the Loop1 team for more than 8 years. As a Certified SolarWinds Professional, he has had more than his fair share of experience with the SAM product. Find a few of the more notable engagements below.
Gold Service Standard
Derik recently worked with an organization that had a Gold Service Component in their own client offering covering monitoring, alerting, leveraging scripts, and email notifications. If a client purchased the gold tier, they would take steps to add a SAM 100 – 300, based on the size of the client environment. This was solely to monitor, notify, and take scripted actions to recover the Applications installed as part of their offerings. Notifications were key to when the automation was initiated, completed, or failed and required escalations to on call technician. Clients with Gold Service were more prepared for unforeseen issues thanks to SAM.
Templates to the Rescue
When Derik installed Window Service and Counters Monitoring Template into a client’s environment and ran the script, it highlighted failure for Page File Usage on 6 out of the 10 test nodes we had added to their Orion instance. The Client said that would be impossible since they built their Windows servers using a template. After some investigation, not only was the template correct and these servers were missing the Page File functionality, it identified a much larger issue. This prompted the immediate add of all servers into Orion for this monitoring as well as updating the windows build template so that all new servers were being imaged correctly and not continue deploying incorrect builds to application owners.
Orion 202: Advanced Server System Management & Monitoring Public Training Courses brought to you by Loop1
Loop1 offers a 4-day Advanced Server Training Class that covers SAM, DPA, WPM, VMAN, SRM, AppStack View, Application Maps, and Custom SQL Alerts & Reports. This course is led by a SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP) and provides students with hands-on experience and a working knowledge of the products. Our engineers work side-by-side with you as they teach the fundamentals and capabilities of the SolarWinds software products. The training is a comprehensive overview and detailed explanation of SolarWinds® modules for the “Advanced Server” track. Public training is offered in a comfortable classroom setting or online through our virtual classroom portal.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Orion 202: Advanced Server class is geared towards students that have experience with the SolarWinds platform, but want to do a deep dive into topics such as: SAM, DPA, WPM, VMAN, SRM, and Custom SQL Alerting and Reporting.
While our Orion 101 class is not a prerequisite, students will be more successful with a general understanding of the SolarWinds platform as this course will not cover installation and basic overviews. Students will also highly benefit from a basic understanding of the Transact-SQL and PowerShell languages, but neither is a requirement.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Students will design and implement end-to-end application monitoring techniques in a hands-on learning lab with customized equipment. Topics covered will include: SAM, DPA, WPM, VMAN SRM, and Custom SQL Alerts & Reports. On-site attendees with enjoy a provided breakfast and lunch each training day and a special happy hour sponsored by Loop1 on Wednesday evening.
Day 1 Agenda
- Orion Architecture Best Practices
- Discover of Applications in the Enterprise
- AppInsight Templates vs. Standard Templates
- Custom Script Component Monitors
- Baselining & Thresholds for App Alerts
Day 2 Agenda
- Installation & Configuration of DPA
- DPA / SAM Integration
- Installation & Configuration of WPM
- Overview of DPA / WPM Capabilities
Day 3 Agenda
- Installation & Configuration of VMAN
- VMAN Integration with Orion
- Installation & Configuration of SRM
- Alerting & Reporting with SRM
- Network Atlas
- SolarWinds AppStack View
Day 4 Agenda
- Introduction to the Transact-SQL Language
- Introduction to Orion SQL Database schema
- Custom SQL Reporting
- Custom SQL Alerts