All intended systems will be prepared and ready for the installation/implementation and deployment prior to the arrival of the Loop1 engineer. Including but not limited to:
- Appropriate hardware, database and/or VMs are available and a valid software key for SolarWinds Products has been purchased and is accessible.
- SolarWinds server has direct access to the internet and desktop access or Remote Desktop to the SolarWinds server is provided.If no direct internet access is available an alternative method for transferring license activation files is available.
- Nodes to be monitored must be SNMP enabled and valid SNMP Community Strings for those devices are available.
- A device list with management IP addresses has been provided.
- Hardware meets minimum system requirements
- Loop1 Recommended specs available upon request.
Loop1 will require local administrator access to all systems and SQL administrator access to the SQL server during the engagement. If access is not provided to the Loop1 Consultant, the Loop1 consultant will require a resource, which will be made available while the solution deployment is in progress, whom can authenticate as local administrator on the intended systems as well as SQL administrator on the SQL server.
For optimal benefit from the engagement activities, participants should have a basic understanding for the following concepts;
- Basic networking connectivity and device types (routers, switches, firewalls, servers),
- IP Addressing and Subnets
- TCP/IP, SNMP and ICMP protocols