Get proactive best practices & security compliance analysis for AWS, Azure, Kubernetes & VMware to prevent unexpected risks and outages
OPTIMIZE AND SECURE YOUR HYBRID CLOUD
Runecast enables simpler, proactive ITOM and CSPM with one platform to mitigate risk, increase efficiency, reduce costs and ensure mission-critical stability – now with OS-level coverage.
Runecast Analyzer automates checks of your infrastructure against Security Standards, Knowledge Base articles, Hardware Compatibility Lists (HCL), and Best Practices—for mission-critical IT environments running AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, VMware, and VMware Cloud on AWS.
Full Operational Transparency
Troubleshooting usually means reactively putting out fires. With automated, proactive monitoring you see potential fires before they erupt.
You’re only human, so you need a platform that audits your onpremises virtualization stack (vSphere, vSAN, NSX and Horizon), your public cloud resources running in AWS or Azure, your Kubernetes clusters, and your VMware Cloud on AWS. Vulnerability Management is easy, with VMSAs/CVEs shown on the main dashboard. Beyond this, there’s best practices analysis for both SAP HANA and Pure Storage on vSphere, plus vSphere on Nutanix. The HCL validation feature shows you any gaps in hardware, BIOS, drivers and firmware. If you’re planning an upgrade, you can also check your current environment against a future version of ESXi.
See the state of your whole environment with a simple scan.
Security Compliance & Risk Mitigation
To get and stay ‘audit-ready’, all the time, with complex and continuously updated security compliance standards, you need proactive security configuration assessment (SCA).
Made by Admins, specifically for the most security-conscious Admins, Runecast Analyzer is your tool for alignment with common security standards and vendor guidelines. All of this happens securely without any data leaving your control (even offline) – ideal for government, healthcare, and banking/financial verticals.
▪ Automated checks for compliance with common standards like BSI IT-Grundschutz, CIS Benchmarks, Cyber Essentials, DISA STIG, Essential 8, GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001, NIST, PCI DSS, and vendor guidelines, with additional standards added regularly
▪ Secure, without any data leaving your control, solution works offline
▪ Remediation is included, with no need to involve an offsite 3rd party and the time it takes for them to respond
Operational Agility with Best Practices Alignment
Best Practices are called such for a reason, and downtime incidents occur regularly by not following them.
Runecast Analyzer categorizes your Best Practices analysis based on Severity, Infrastructure Layer and Design Quality – so you can focus on what matters most. Our customers tell us regularly that there is no better way to get and maintain smooth control of their hybrid clouds.
▪ Best Practices alignment for AWS, Azure, Kubernetes and VMware, as well as SAP HANA (on vSphere), Pure Storage (on vSphere) and vSphere on Nutanix – all from a single dashboard
▪ Historical view allows you to track how your configuration changes and where a Best Practice violation occurred or was resolved
▪ Time saved with issue prevention and improved availability
Freed-up Team Resources & Reduces Costs
The raging torrent of logs generated by vSphere means that trying to track down the causes of issues is tricky if you’re manually parsing. You need a way to find the signal through the noise.
By reducing repetitive manual tasks of your team members, your team can manage more infrastructure per head, reducing what many (unfortunately) consider to be ‘standard’ data center costs. Runecast Analyzer’s automated issue recognition goes beyond ESXi monitoring software to scan your vSphere logs, revealing issues and steps to resolve them. This helps to reduce stress on operations teams, allowing them to reclaim their evenings and weekends.
▪ Customer case studies show very short time to value and often immediate ROI
▪ Frees up the budget for practive team innovations and business growth
▪ Remediation Like having a newly qualified team member monitoring the environment 24x7x365
Painless Upgrade Planning with vSphere HCL Upgrade Simulations
Checking the compatibility of ESXi servers and I/O devices is crucial to a successful upgrade.
Runecast Analyzer helps you to easily cross-check your entire estate of ESXi hosts for compatibility with the official VMware Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) via upgrade simulations – so you can plan your future vSphere upgrades and mitigate the risk of needing to troubleshoot after the fact. Just select the version you want to upgrade to and click ‘Simulate’, it’s that simple.
▪ Simulated ESXi upgrades against HCL show incompatibilities ahead of time, across all connected vCenters
▪ Reduced human errors when upgrading
▪ Also works to validate your existing install base against the HCL, removing risks of performance issues, outages, and other support issues
Companies that benefit from Runecast intelligence
Runecast Customer Success Stories
See how Runecast Analyzer benefits companies across
verticals with major time and cost savings, increased uptime,
and security standards compliance – for AWS and Azure
cloud, Kubernetes clusters and VMware SDDCs.
Runecast Analyzer identified very
important latent issues including ones
causing purple screen of death, network
connectivity issues, ESXi host failures and
virtual machine failures.
By leveraging Runecast Analyzer, Indonesian Cloud was able to proactively resolve numerous high profile issues which in a matter of minutes, a task which would normally take months to complete.
Runecast Analyzer enables NJVC to operate its VMware environment in a secure, compliant, and optimal manner, as well as significantly mitigating downtime for NJVC, and saving many man-hours.
|Runecast Analyzer VMware HCL Support provides you easy access to the VMware HCL and compliance checks against the compatibility matrices within a few clicks. It’s obvious that it comes with greater accuracy and it ensures your privacy, it also makes your life easier.|
Associate Technical Lead | vExpert
|The new Hardware Compatibility check is a great feature that ensures all hardware meets VMware’s specifications for various versions of vSphere.|
Senior Writer at virtualizationhowto.com | vExpert