Loop1, a global IT Operations Management (ITOM) company specializing in the SolarWinds® ITOM offering, and Cisco Premier Partner, with specializations in enterprise networking, unified communications, and Webex collaboration, is recruiting a SolarWinds Engineer based in our Austin, Texas office.
Reporting directly to the regional head of engineering, the Solarwinds Engineer provides hands-on consultation, technical services, troubleshooting and support to Loop1 clients for their IT monitoring environments – primarily Solarwinds implementations. The SolarWinds Engineer will pair this support approach with road-mapping discussions and follow-on activities. The services the engineer will be involved in include installation/implementations, default and custom configurations, database (mostly SQL) support, and best practices guidance anchored in Loop1’s L1M3™* principles.
- Provide implementation, configuration, and best-practice optimization support to clients on their SolarWinds Orion® deployments.
- Provide training to customers on SolarWinds products and broader monitoring principles
- Create concise and thorough documentation, including case notes, client communications, as-built documentation, and knowledge base articles for internal and external consumption
- Deliver off-the-shelf and customized SolarWinds installations and configurations
- Provide SQL database configuration, support, and consultation
- Occasional travel availability is ideal but rarely required.
- Occasional (rare) after-hours on-call may be required
To be successful, you will have:
- Demonstrated strong abilities in implementing and configuring monitoring solutions based on SolarWinds Orion® products (NPM, SAM, NTA, NCM, DPA, and others) in a distributed and highly available environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience providing technical training to application administrators and end-users
- 3+ years of experience with hands-on server and network administration for medium to large businesses
- Solid understanding of MS Windows Server OS administration, roles, and troubleshooting. MCSA is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in high availability system configuration, troubleshooting, and performance optimization
- 2+ years of experience with industry-standard monitoring technologies (SNMP, WMI, API, scripts, agent-based, remote polling), with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments
- 1+ year of experience designing, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards to provide reporting and status information to various levels of users
- Daily access to a reliable high-speed internet connection to support remote work
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to easily initiate and maintain business relationships
- At least one SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP) certification or ability to acquire them quickly upon hiring.
- SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP) certifications
- Strong understanding of SNMP, SNMP traps, and Syslog
- Strong understanding and demonstrated ability in SQL administration and SQL query language
- Strong scripting skills using PowerShell
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS
- Experience with open APM & proprietary solutions such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic, Elastic, Datadog, CA Wily, BMC Truesight, Prometheus, Nagios, etc, strongly preferred
- Knowledge of complementary platforms like ServiceNow, JIRA, Clarity, JENKINS, GITHUB & other DevOps Tools.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Microsoft MCSA is a plus
- Cisco CCNA is a plus
*L1M3 (pronounced “lime”) is the Loop1 Monitoring Maturity Model; an IT Operations Management framework developed by Loop1
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required to perform this job
Loop1 is a leading global IT Operations Management (ITOM) company specializing in the SolarWinds ITOM product offerings—we offer the most comprehensive training and professional services for SolarWinds clients across the globe.
Loop1 runs on EOS® (the Entrepreneurial Operating System), a business management system that empowers leadership teams to run successful companies; and our employees are a key factor in this success. We strive to engage good people, who thrive on learning from each other and working together to deliver exceptional enterprise services to our clients. At the heart of this, are the core values that embody what it means to be a Loop1 employee:
- We are greater than me
- We are purposeful
- We do the right thing
Be part of the success story that is Loop1.
Loop1 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.